Friday, September 23, 2011

Oh, the job search

So there are complications again, availability issues with one opportunity, pay issues with another

I'm remarkably unstressed

Maybe it's because I ran 8 miles today, or maybe because I'm used to this junk by now

Maybe not

I got the call from one company while I was in the shower, and took the time to get dressed (because that's not a call you want to take in a towel) and then said a prayer I asked God for things to go as they should I'm done expecting specific outcomes- I understand that I don't always know what's best for myself or what my future holds When my potential boss told me I needed to be able to work the 5am shift three days a week I sighed, because I truly don't know if I can He told me to take the weekend to think it over, that the job was mine if I could handle the availability needs, and he'd call on Monday I hung up frustrated, because nothing seems to be resolving easily

But that's never been my life, and I don't know why I'd expect things to change now My favorite quote is by Philip Pullman "What is worth having is worth working for" and I truly believe that Or as my mom used to say, "This is a character-building opportunity for you" *sigh*

So I'm going to do what I do when I'm running and at the base of a hill, keep my head down, keep my pace, keep moving forward

In the meantime, there will be a lot of praying over the weekend

Listening to: matt pond PA "Last Light"

xo kb

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who told me about this site, sitter city, where you can find nannies. So I'm going to take the Caribou job if they'll still have me. I need the money for my family, and at present, it's my best, most responsible move.

    ReplyDelete