It's been awhile since I've posted a blog. A long while. And though I don't believe in excuses, I have been busy. I do this work thing that pays most of my bills while sucking the soul right out of me. I wrangle a gaggle of children and keep them off the streets. I kiss on this Paul guy who is deranged enough to want to marry me. Huh.
During my downtime, when I haven't fallen asleep on the couch (the post-dinner and pre-bed power nap that ensures I have enough energy to climb the stairs to tuck in the kids), I've been cooking and baking. Like a fiend. A madwoman. A katebakes. (groan) Anyway, I post pictures of my food on the faceplace all the time and am frequently asked for my recipes. So I thought I'd share in a more accessible place- my underused blog!
Today I made a new cookie recipe. Chocolate cookies with Creme de Menthe chips. Holy wow. I saw the bag of baking chips at the grocery store last week and had to have them. I concocted a chocolate cookie recipe that had a nice texture, added the chips, and the result tastes like a chewy Thin Mint. Enjoy!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag Creme de Menthe baking chips.
1. Cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together until light and smooth.
2. Add vanilla and eggs and stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir.
*Note* the dough will be thick.
5. Add chips and mix.
6. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet by the teaspoonful. (I rolled mine into balls for a more consistent size/shape.)
7. Bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet immediately and place on parchment to cool.
8. Eat one to ensure it isn't poisonous.
9. Eat another one to make sure that first one wasn't a fluke.
10. Eat just one more, this time with a glass of cold milk, and promise you'll save the rest for later.