Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A list

I don't ever want to be rich No, I'm not just saying that to sound like a dirty hippie Or maybe I am Anyway, I don't know what I would do with a big house or cars or excess in general I'm a minimalist by nature (although if you saw my collection of shoes- and mind you, I don't like actually wearing shoes- you might think otherwise), and I prefer simple and necessary However, if I ever have money that I can use for fun things, here is what I would spend it on:

A real camera, with different kinds of lenses
Hardcover books
A new mattress, box springs, and sheet set
A down comforter
My big-ass back tattoo
A strap for my guitar (I've had it since I was 15 and have never had a strap)
John Fluevog shoes
One of those Crosley record players that has the CD/tape/mp3 option
A cool old-school bike with wide handle bars and a basket on the front
An upright piano

That's all

3 comments:

  1. I dunno. I've been poor and I currently am quite comfortable. I prefer being comfortable. I have almost all of those things on your list, but not the big-ass tattoo on your back. Why you'd want an ass drawn on your back is beyond me.

    Having money doesn't mean you have to spend to excess, which to me isn't rich. Rich is having the money to do what you want when you want, IMO. If given the choice to maintain my current income working 50% of the time or double it working the same, I would take the half time every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor is actually a poor choice of words. I have lived on an hourly wage before, paycheck to paycheck. I have worked two full-time jobs to make ends meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick, I don't think you get to keep the same income working half the time

    ReplyDelete