Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dreaming of milk and fond memories.

I'm fairly certain I had more wine than blood in my body yesterday. It led to sobby, emo blogging, a late night taco run, and a nostalgic Point Break lovefest. Not my finest hours. Okay, well the PB viewing was pretty fun. All these years, I'd hardcore crushed on James LeGros and never realized how freaking hawt Patrick Swayze was in that film. Like damn. Anyway.

So wine brings wine sleep, which you may know to be mostly wakeful and odd-dreamy. And that's what I had last night. I remember one specifically, I was thirsty, so thirsty, and went into the fridge and got out a gallon of milk. I proceeded to drink the entire gallon right from the container. I woke up from this dream really wanting milk, but not wanting to go downstairs to get it, and ended up in the bathroom chugging water from the little rinse and spit cup. It wasn't until this morning that I remembered that drinking a gallon of milk in a sitting is impossible. And then I remembered that my friends and I experimented with this once.

It was one of those dead days, no one was coming in, the store was clean, and there were three of us on shift. I don't know how we got on the subject, but we started talking about if the milk thing was a myth and if the fat content of the milk would make a difference in a person's ability to keep it down. My friend Miguel was convinced it could be done and my co-worker Ben and I were very willing to watch him try. It just so happened that we had milk galore on-hand. We decided Miguel should go the skim route, that he had to drink it within an hour and keep it in for another hour. Here are the little things in life that make you happy. We had customers interested, too, and a few stayed to watch. Miguel started strong, slowed his pace about half through, and crawled to the finish by the end of first hour. But he talked a good game, and said he felt fine. He's kinda a tough guy- lots of piercings, tattoos, and a total boozer. I really felt like if anyone could do it, it would be Miguel. Until forty minutes past when his face contorted, he clutched his stomach and made his way to the bathroom with a speed I'd never before seen him use.

It was awesome.

Listening to: Deerhunter "Halcyon Digest" because it's been a while and everyone I know at Pitchfork was freaking out about their performance

xo. kb.

No comments:

Post a Comment