Friday, August 23, 2019

My New Mantra

I struggle with speaking aloud. I feel a lot. And articulating those feelings in words that adequately
express the breadth and depth of my emotions rarely comes out right. I’ve been called a processor,
and I’m quiet much of the time because I am processing, attempting to translate the abstract into
tangible. Searching for a way to say what I feel. Never quite finding the right expression. Never quite
sure if my translation is correct. Or comprehensive. Or relatable. And because I fear misunderstanding,
and maybe even of being too much, I edit my words. I make them simpler and what I believe is
acceptable. I give you me, but not all of me. 

This last year I’ve worked to disallow the control trauma has had over me. The restriction it’s had on my
voice. Holding back is no longer serving me. I want to be authentic: not in appearance only, but wholly.
The woman who stands in her power and speaks her truth fearlessly. But I’m not without fear. I’m
terrified. So, like entering a cold pool, I began with dipping my toes. And when that became comfortable,
I moved a little deeper. Just a little. Just a little more. And though I’ve made progress over this last year,
I’m only about shin-deep. I’ve drawn The Fool and The Sacred Fool oracle card enough times to
recognize that this slow motion isn’t cutting it. It’s time to let go. To jump in. To be ALL IN.

So I’m jumping. This is imperfect me. Me without edits. Me, with fears that don’t restrict. Me, with yellow
hair. Me, with braces on my teeth. Me, with a round belly. Me, who is strong. Me, who can cry. Me, with
a wounded heart. Me, who loves fully anyway.

This blog has been titled, “I’m Just Me” since I started it way back in 2011. It’s based on a lyric from The
Fire Theft song “Sinatra” which spoke to my heart- I’m not the labels you assign, I’m just me. For years
this has been my mantra. But today I realize it’s not quite right. Because today I take umbridge with the
word “just.” There is no qualifier to who I am.

I AM ME.

And it is enough.


9 comments:

  1. Play Bazaar these are the tyhings in your blog i like very much i thik its be one and only to your visit our site and know like gaming results Satta King

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play Bazaar Always keep your credit card balances under 30 percent of the available credit. By keeping your balance low, your payments will be low too. Your pocket book could be negatively effected Satta King if you go over that 30 percent.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Don't use your dishwasher until you have a full load. Make sure your dishwasher is full before using it, hecause it takes the same amount of water and energy to wash a full load as it does half a load. Use the shortest cycle possible, if you can, turn the dishwasher off prior to the drying cycle, opening the door. This allows the dishes to air dry.satta king

    ReplyDelete

  4. Make energy efficiency a sure thing in your home by installing a programmable thermostat and putting other appliances on timers. Set your thermostat for different temperatures at different times of the day, depending on who is or is not home. Likewise, set appliances on timers that shut them off regardless of whether or not anyone is home.
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  5. It Play Bazaar is common to get a yeast infection once in awhile, but if you are consistently getting one, it is important that you see your doctor. There may be a hidden cause of these chronic yeast infections that need the attention and care of your doctor. Once the underlying cause is take care of, your Satta King yeast infection frequence will decrease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For whiter teeth at home, try doing a baking soda brushing once a week. This helps remove stains and it helps whiten your teeth. Brush like you would with toothpaste, but you replace the toothpaste with the baking soda. You can use it as an alternative to toothpaste too. If it irritates gums, try using salt. Satta King Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make it very easy for people to subscribe to your site by entering their email addresses. This may not seem as popular as it was a few years back, Satta King Great Tips For Boosting Your Internet Marketing Success Play Bazaar but there are many people that still check their email daily and they like to see newsletters and information there, regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you have a lot of school books to carry, invest in a wheeled backpack. Studies have found that students who continually carry heavy backpacks are prone to back pain and even damage to the spinal cord. It is easy to avoid this as rolling backpacks are easy to find and affordable.play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete