Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Being alone.

The kids have been at my aunt's for a week. I was concerned that it would be difficult for me to have them gone, that the quiet would get to me and I'd find myself curled fetal in bed, popping Xanax like candy, and waiting for it all to be over.

Glad to say, not the case.

Okay, there was that one day last week, but it only lasted until 2 or 3 in the afternoon and then I went for a run so it really doesn't count. Actually, it's been pretty great, just the dog and me. We go on crazy long walks whenever we want. I haven't had to cook, there's no laundry. I run whenever I feel like it- at 10p, at 6a, at noon. I've gone to bed late- okay, nbd- but slept in late too. Seriously, I haven't done that ever. No for real. I've gone out with friends I haven't seen in months, gone to shows without having to find a babysitter, read during dinner without guilt. I lost the remote for the tv and didn't even know it for 5 days.

I miss my kids, certainly. But I love my alone time. I need it. Space and quiet are great things.

Listening to: birds, highway noises, the hum of my computer, Band Of Horses

xo. kb.

No comments:

Post a Comment