Monday, November 29, 2010

Books 2010

My fellow Virgo Patrick Alan had a blog post today that spoke to reading, of getting sucked up into a story and devouring it,and it got me thinking. You all know I write. Mostly because it's all I seem to talk about. And maybe that's why no one calls anymore. But anyway. I think more than I am a writer, I am a reader. Hard core. Ask my family. Give me a book and forget about talking to me until it's finished. Lucky for my kids, I can read a book in a couple hours so dinner may be slightly late, but it isn't take-out. I love stories so much, love the transport I feel when I forget there's a "me" and my perspective becomes the main character's, love the emotional roller coaster I ride when I live their adventure.

I thought I'd make a list of the books I've read this year. Because I love making lists. And because I'd like to see how many there are. Here goes:

Blake Nelson:
Girl*
The New Rules Of High School
Rock Star Superstar
Prom Anonymous
Destroy All Cars
Paranoid Park
Laurie Halse Anderson:
Speak
Catalyst
Twisted
Wintergirls
Chains
Prom
Sarah Dessen:
Someone Like You
Keeping The Moon
Dreamland
This Lullaby
The Truth About Forever
Lock and Key
Just Listen
Along For The Ride
Suzanne Collins:
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
Libba Bray:
A Great and Terrible Beauty
Rebel Angels
The Sweet Far Thing
Going Bovine
Melissa Marr:
Wicked Lovely
Ink Exchange
Radiant Shadows
Lauren Oliver:
Before I Fall
Gayle Forman:
If I Stay
Hannah Moskowitz:
Break
Shaun David Hutchinson:
The Deathday Letter
Sean Ferrell:
Numb
Ann Brashares:
My Name Is Memory
Jonathan Franzen:
Freedom
Kiersten White:
Paranormalcy
Charlotte Bronte:
Jane Eyre*
Frank Portman:
King Dork
Andromeda Klein
Nick Hornby:
About A Boy
Slam
How To Be Good
A Long Way Down
Juliet, Naked
Nicholas Sparks
The Last Song
The Choice
At First Sight
Kody Keplinger:
The Duff
Siobhan Vivian:
A Little Friendly Advice
Same Difference
Audry Niffenegger:
Her Fearful Symmetry
Terra Elan McAvoy:
Pure
Jennifer Weiner:
Good In Bed
Alice Sebold:
The Lovely Bones
Sarah Ockler:
Twenty Boy Summer
Stephanie Kuehnert:
Ballads Of Suburbia
Andy Greenwald:
Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers, and Emo
Haven Kimmel:
The Solace of Leaving Early
Iodine
The Used World
Jane Green:
Dune Road
Straight Talk
Second Chance
Mr. Maybe
Jemima J
The Other Woman
Babyville
Helen Fielding:
Cause Celeb
Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination
Bill Cameron
Chasing Smoke
Jennifer Crusie
Welcome To Temptation
David Levithan
The Realm of Possibility
Jandy Nelson
The Sky Is Everywhere
Margaret Atwood
The Year of the Flood
Oryx and Crake




This is preliminary. I'm adding books as I remember them.

2 comments:

  1. I am officially hiring you to be my personal library. You have quite a few on here I've been meaning to read and haven't yet (and a few I have read as well). And your reading interests seem to be along the same as mine... bet my library would come in handy too! Oh wait. You're just a teensy bit far away! =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity we make Twitter friends we can never have coffee with. :(

    ReplyDelete