My back went out on Friday. Impeccable timing, I think, that it would do such a thing when I'm inches away from finishing my first draft, and facing a drive to retrieve my kids from my aunt's house. And of course, the new job that I can't call in sick for.....
Maybe I should have seen it coming. I was sitting in an awful chair all last week, writing most hours in the day... then there was that telltale pain in my right hip... and of course I still had to run, because not running just because you're in pain is a horrible excuse... and the bed that looks something like a contact lens, but I sleep in anyway. I guess it was just a matter of time, but it doesn't make me any less irritated. It is very inconvenient.
So I've been spending most of this weekend lying on the floor in the living room. While this isn't the most productive position, and I'd prefer mobility, there are a number of things you can do while lying on your back.
2) Watch TV
3) Read a book (but not a newspaper, because the pages fall on your face)
4) Play guitar (I've learned almost all the songs on "It's A Shame About Ray")
5) Daydream about making out with your secret boyfriend (who's so secret he doesn't actually exist- no, it's not Peeta)
6) No, not that. The kids are home, remember?
7) Drink wine from a sippy cup
8) Brainstorm the colors you will redecorate the living room with once you can move again
9) Realize your poor housekeeping skills while looking under the couch (GROSS!)
10) Feel a lot of guilt for being so lame
Okay. Pain's coming back. Time for some more daydreaming...
Listening to: "I'll Be Lightning" by Liam Finn (surprised?)